Application form at the bottom of this page.
Before downloading and filling out the application form, you must agree with our copyright terms.
The duration of the film is exactly sixty seconds including titels and credits.
Attempt a good quality for image as well as for sound.
DATA CD or DVD preferrably 16/9:
• (H)DV quality (QuicktTime PAL, of AVI 720×576-48 kHz)
• 1080i/p -50
3D films should be burnt on appropriate Blu-ray disk.
Other formats will be excepted but converted, hence possible loss of quality.
Tapes (H)DV and (Digi)Beta can be entered but will not -as for none of the CD’s or DVD’s- be sent back.
Copyrights of The One Minutes Website
1. the maker declares that he/she has the copyright of the work and should be regarded as the sole maker;
2. the maker allows the one minute foundation* to use his/her one minute movie for non-commercial activities** organized or promoted by the one minute foundation;
3. all activities will have to include the logo the one minutes and a reference to the one minute foundation, including the logos of the partner organizations, the european cultural foundation and unicef);
4. activities consist of: presentation of the work in an exhibition, a lecture, in a TV broadcast, during an award event, in a catalogue on video or dvd, accompanying printed materials and on the websites of the one minutes and the project partner
5. the one minute foundation and its official partners could also allow third parties to use the one minutes for similar activities;
6. in case these third parties pay revenues of broadcast or any other fee for authorship rights, these revenues will be given to the maker;
7. the maker could withdraw his/her permission to use the work at all times, provided that the one minute foundation and its official partners or third parties to whom the one minute foundation granted permission, cannot be asked to change activities which have been already realized, or are in a late preparatory state of organization;
8. the one minute foundation cannot use the work in any other way than as described above, unless with the explicit permission of the maker.
the filmmaker agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the one minute foundation, its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and its affiliates from and against any and all claims made by employees of the productions and any and all third-party claims arising from or in any way related to any copyrights, thereby expressly including the music rights. all costs arising out of or as a result of copyright claims by third parties are for the maker.
*in case of the one minutes jr. the one minute foundation includes all three parties involved: the Sandburg institute, the European cultural foundation and UNICEF
**non-commercial, i.e. being used for advocacy and educational purposes with no direct link to fundraising activities
Submit entries before March 25, 2011